Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Dave Shuck <ds...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/03 00:15:44 UTC

Suggestions for out of memory error on xml bean ant task?

I am trying to to build a JAR file from a _very_ large XSD file (12K lines)
on a laptop that is (unfortunately) running Windows 7 with 2GB of memory.
Both from within eclipse and from the command line, I am getting "[xmlbean]
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" errors as it attempts to
compile 7604 source files after parsing the XSD.  Within eclipse.ini I have
boosted the memory settings as high as I can without success.

While I realize that this size XSD is pretty excessive, our company has a
Hudson server that does successfully build this XSD-->JAR nightly, so I know
that it can be compiled given the right environment.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might be able to better manage
the memory to allow me to build on my development laptop?

Thanks in advance for any help.

~Dave Shuck
/**************************************
blog: www.daveshuck.com
tweets: www.twitter.com/dshuck
cf peeps: www.dfwcfug.org
**************************************/

Re: Suggestions for out of memory error on xml bean ant task?

Posted by Dave Shuck <ds...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for this suggestion.  Using a different JDK hadn't even crossed my
mind.  I had already bumped my memory settings up to 1024 in eclipse and it
was still failing under the Sun one.  After swapping in JRockit, it worked
perfectly!

~Dave Shuck

Posted by Wendal Chen <we...@gmail.com>.
In my project , the XSD file is bigger than 1000K . But XMLBeans work very
good.

I think you shall add some JVM args. like -Xmx512m

Posted by Wing Yew Poon <wi...@oracle.com>.

blog: HYPERLINK "http://www.daveshuck.com"www.daveshuck.com
tweets: HYPERLINK "http://www.twitter.com/dshuck"www.twitter.com/dshuck
cf peeps: HYPERLINK "http://www.dfwcfug.org"www.dfwcfug.org