Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Matthew Ryan <MR...@fm.optus.net.au> on 2006/01/19 14:13:42 UTC

NetBeans 5.0 Module - Apache Pluto 1.0 Sample Portlet Project

Hi,

I just created a NetBeans 5.0 module for creating a skeleton Pluto 1.0
project with bundled HelloWorld Portlet. One requirement though, it must be
deployed using the Admin Portlet. At least I have only tested it for this.

http://florecista.blogspot.com <http://florecista.blogspot.com>

Also, this is something I did very quickly and is still a work in progress.
I will be creating a better bundled HelloWorld Portlet and also a Pluto 1.1
version.

Please give me any feedback possible.

Thanks

Matthew

*~~~****DISCLAIMER****~~~*
This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. You must not disclose this email to anyone without express permission from the sender. The contents of all emails sent to, and received from, Optus may be scanned, stored, or disclosed to others by Optus at Optus' discretion. Optus has exercised care to avoid errors in the information contained in this e-mail but does not warrant that the information is error or omission free.

Re: NetBeans 5.0 Module - Apache Pluto 1.0 Sample Portlet Project

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.
Matthew,

Thanks for sharing this. I checked it out and it seems to work as
advertised.

I don't know anything about NetBeans modules, but it would be a good thing
to add a target to the default Ant build file to move the jar to Tomcat's
webapps directory. This could be used to redeploy an application after an
initial deployment using the admin console. This redeployment would
require a server restart, which I'm not sure you could do in NetBeans.

Does anyone know anything about the status of the Pluto Eclipse plugin
that was created a couple of years ago?
/Craig

Matthew Ryan <MR...@fm.optus.net.au>
01/19/2006 08:13 AM