Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> on 2004/07/08 04:44:48 UTC

[apreq2] perl glue status

AFAICT the perl-glue is now fully implemented
and ignoring new methods and API extensions,
the changes over 1.X are

Apache::Request

  1) You must use the two-argument form of $req->args or $req->body
     to assign parameters to the request. You may no longer use

        $req->param("foo" => "bar"); # invalid in 2.X

Apache::Cookie

  1) parse() is gone.

  2) name() and value() no longer accept a ``set''
     argument. In other words, neither a cookie's name
     nor its value, may be modified. A new cookie should
     be made instead.

Apache::Upload

  1) next() is gone.

  2) info($header) accessor is replaced by info($table),
     which reassigns the table.

  3) type() returns only the MIME-type portion of the
     Content-Type header.

If anybody's aware of other differences from apreq1's API,
please share that here.  I've rolled another snapshot for
folks to try out

  http://cvs.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.04-dev.tar.gz

Reminder: 2.04-dev will require the next version of mp2,
so you need a current snapshot of mp2 to test it.

Thanks!

ps- anybody running/testing apreq2 on OSX?  I'm curious
to know if things build ok there.

--
Joe Schaefer