Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ja...@VerizonWireless.com on 2006/03/13 06:07:34 UTC

Struts html taglib and javascript

Hi

I am trying to put dynamic javascript in html:text tag. I have a checkbox next to a name (names are backed up by a list) and whenever the user changes the name the checkbox next to the name is automatically checked.

javascript: document.someform.chkbox[<%=indexId property in nested:iterate tag%>].checked=true;

but whenever I put jsp expression in the onchange attribute of the html:text, it never gets parsed.

How to get over it?

To solve, i used the plain old html input tag but I would really like to use the struts html:text tag...

Please help...

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.

Re: Struts html taglib and javascript

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Jay.Jakilinki@VerizonWireless.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to put dynamic javascript in html:text tag. I have a checkbox next to a name (names are backed up by a list) and whenever the user changes the name the checkbox next to the name is automatically checked.
>
> javascript: document.someform.chkbox[<%=indexId property in nested:iterate tag%>].checked=true;
>
> but whenever I put jsp expression in the onchange attribute of the html:text, it never gets parsed.
>
> How to get over it?
>
> To solve, i used the plain old html input tag but I would really like to use the struts html:text tag...

What do you mean by 'it never gets parsed?' What does your JSP markup
look like?

L.