Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sterpu Victor <vi...@ambra.ro> on 2006/01/23 10:34:49 UTC

[users@httpd] apache2 and suexec problem

I have the following configuration.

<VirtualHost 192.168.250.91:80>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.php3
    ServerName suexec2.ambra.ro
    SuexecUserGroup suexec2 suexec2
    DocumentRoot /var/www/suexec2.ambra.ro
    Action application/x-httpd-php /cgi-bin/suexec2.ambra.ro/php-cgi
    ScriptAlias /suexec2cgibin /var/www/suexec2.ambra.ro
    Action application/x-httpd-php /suexec2cgibin/php-cgi
    <Directory /var/www/suexec2.ambra.ro>
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Everything seems to work fine, but it doesn't.
In this virtual host I place a php file that creates a test.txt file.

After the file is created owner of the file is the apache user and not
suexec2.
This meens that the line "SuexecUserGroup suexec2 suexec2" had no effect
and the script was executed as apache user.
What could be wrong?

Re: [users@httpd] apache2 and suexec problem

Posted by Sterpu Victor <vi...@ambra.ro>.
It seems it is a
bug(http://www.mailarchives.org/list/apache-httpd-bugs/msg/2005/02170).
But I can't find no patch, and information if this problem was solved or
not.
Is the latest version (2.2.0) fixed?

Posted by Sterpu Victor <vi...@ambra.ro>.