Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Romain Gilles <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/22 21:56:12 UTC

Prompt in karaf shell

Hi all,
I would like to know how can I setup a different prompt on the karaf shell
without re-branding operation.

if I run on the command line how can I get the following prompt / user ?

> karaf.bat
        __ __                  ____
       / //_/____ __________ _/ __/
      / ,<  / __ `/ ___/ __ `/ /_
     / /| |/ /_/ / /  / /_/ / __/
    /_/ |_|\__,_/_/   \__,_/_/

  Apache Karaf (2.2.7)

Hit '<tab>' for a list of available commands
and '[cmd] --help' for help on a specific command.
Hit '<ctrl-d>' or 'osgi:shutdown' to shutdown Karaf.

toto@root>

Thanks,

Romain.

Re: Prompt in karaf shell

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Sure, try running the following command:

karaf@root> PROMPT = "foo> "
foo>

PROMPT is a session variable that will be used.  Some substitutions
are performed with session variables so you can do run
foo> PROMPT = "\$USER> "
karaf>

--
Guillaume Nodet