Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Martijn Visser <ma...@ververica.com> on 2021/09/22 11:34:34 UTC

[DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.13.3

Hi all,

I would like to start discussing releasing Flink 1.13.3. There are
currently 138 tickets already resolved for 1.13.3, a few important fixes
are:

* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-24347 (KafkaSource cannot
checkpoint if the parallelism is higher than the partition number)
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-24303 (SourceCoordinator
exception may fail Session Cluster)
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-24277 (Offset commit should
be disabled if consumer group ID is not specified in KafkaSource)
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-23802 (Reduce
ReadTimeoutExceptions for Kinesis Consumer)

There are currently 4 tickets with fix version 1.13.3 that are in progress:

* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-24315 (Cannot rebuild watcher
thread while the K8S API server is unavailable)
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-23946 (Application mode fails
fatally when being shut down)
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-23519 (Aggregate State
Backend Latency by State Level)
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-21853 (Running HA per-job
cluster (rocks, non-incremental) end-to-end test could not finished in 900
seconds)

Can Yangze, David, Yun and Till give an update on the status for those?

Are there any other open tickets that we should wait for? Is there a PMC
member who would like to manage the release?

Best regards,

Martijn Visser | Product Manager

martijn@ververica.com

<https://www.ververica.com/>

Follow us @VervericaData

Conference

Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.13.3

Posted by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com>.
> Hi Leonard and Chesnay,
>
> Can we start with the preparation for the release and get a RC out? I did a
> quick check and there are no open blockers and 2 critical open items

Hi, Martijn

I agree that FLINK-23496 and FLINK-17914 are not the blockers for 1.13.3 release.
And I also checked the issues related to 1.13.3. there's no blocker issues and we can prepare the first RC.

Chesnay will kindly help prepare the release after a  fast sync, If you need help during the release process, I will be very happy to help.

Best,
Leonard

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@ververica.com>.
Hi Leonard and Chesnay,

Can we start with the preparation for the release and get a RC out? I did a
quick check and there are no open blockers and 2 critical open items:

* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-23946 was already discussed
previously and depends on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-24038
which hasn't started yet. We will leave this out of 1.13.3.
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-17914 is a test instability,
but there's already an approved PR for that so I think that would not be a
problem.

More than happy to help. Let me know what you think.

Best regards,

Martijn

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Thanks Chesnay and Leonard for helping here.

 From the SQL primary key issue side, all backports are merged. Feel
free to proceed with the release.

Regards,
Timo