Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Kaxil Naik <ka...@apache.org> on 2021/02/10 13:27:51 UTC

[Meeting Notes] Airflow Dev Call - 3 Feb 2021

Hi all,

Here are the notes from our Airflow dev call last week. Thank you all who
joined the call.

Here is a quick summary of the call.

   - *Airflow 2.0.1*:
      - Milestone: Airflow 2.0.1 Milestone ยท GitHub
      <https://github.com/apache/airflow/milestone/23>
      - Has already been released on Feb 8
   - *Providers Release*
      - Providers released on Feb 8 too
      - Backport Providers will be released as soon as the Vote passes
   - *Upgrade Checks*
      - 1.2.0rc1 has been cut and once the VOTE passes, it will be released
      soon
   - *Apache Airflow 1.10.15*
      - Milestone: https://github.com/apache/airflow/milestone/22?closed=1
      - CI is fixed - v1-10-stable passing
      - A release date has not been decided yet but most likely will be
      released in next 2 weeks
   - *Improve Airflow Observability*
   - John to create Github Issue around what metrics would be useful to
      avoid failures early from an Operational point of view. Based on that we
      can discuss and recommend using existing metrics or add missing metrics.
   - *Make Doc contributions easier*
      - We should have a separate section in CONTRIBUTING.rst
      <https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.rst> for
      users who want to create PR for only doc-changes.
      - Currently, it is difficult for new contributors to understand how
      to add cross-links, using sphinx, building docs locally, debugging
      spelling-check errors.
      - Adding some recipes/templates in the CONTRIBUTING.rst
      <https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.rst> with
      code to create Cross-references, adding links, spell-check, etc using
      Sphinx would make it easy.

Notes are also posted on Confluence too:
*Doc Link*:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Airflow+Dev+Calls

Best regards,
Kaxil