Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com> on 2003/02/11 05:57:11 UTC

beta-8

Hi,

Dion, Ben and myself have started cleaning up everything for beta-8 and
we're pretty much done. But we're going to wait until we're rested and
do the final cut in the morning EST. We're trying the release plugin so
there were a couple glitches. What's in CVS now will be used for the
release. The only thing that might change between now and the release is
the release plugin itself.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: beta-8

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 10:32, James Ward wrote:
> Ok, I won't complain, since I didn't fix it.  ;)

Yeah, just happens to be bad timing. Dion, myself and lots of the other
core developers have product releases coming up soon so there just isn't
enough time in the day, even to look at patches!

> -James
>

> On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 08:06, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 10:15, James Ward wrote:
> > > Congrats Maven Developers!  This is huge and I am very excited.  I
> > > haven't had a chance to test HEAD lately, but does anyone know if the
> > > bug with running multiple goals in the reactor has been fixed?  Jason, I
> > > sent you a test case for this a while ago.  I personally consider this
> > > bug a show-stopper, since I can't use the console with the reactor.
> >
> > Nope, you're getting it warts and all. We feel the release is more
> > important. It's been long enough and we'll try to get a beta-9 out much
> > faster. I'm hoping beta-9 will be all bug fixes, beta-10 will be
> > optimization and docs and then the 1.0. And there won't be any major
> > changes, those will be saved for 1.1. There is also the start of an
> > interactive POM editor so this will ease any additions to the POM in
> > later releases.
> >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > -James

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: beta-8

Posted by James Ward <ja...@ectropic.com>.

Re: beta-8

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 10:15, James Ward wrote:
> Congrats Maven Developers!  This is huge and I am very excited.  I
> haven't had a chance to test HEAD lately, but does anyone know if the
> bug with running multiple goals in the reactor has been fixed?  Jason, I
> sent you a test case for this a while ago.  I personally consider this
> bug a show-stopper, since I can't use the console with the reactor.

Nope, you're getting it warts and all. We feel the release is more
important. It's been long enough and we'll try to get a beta-9 out much
faster. I'm hoping beta-9 will be all bug fixes, beta-10 will be
optimization and docs and then the 1.0. And there won't be any major
changes, those will be saved for 1.1. There is also the start of an
interactive POM editor so this will ease any additions to the POM in
later releases.

> Thanks.
>
> -James
>

> On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 21:57, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Dion, Ben and myself have started cleaning up everything for beta-8 and
> > we're pretty much done. But we're going to wait until we're rested and
> > do the final cut in the morning EST. We're trying the release plugin so
> > there were a couple glitches. What's in CVS now will be used for the
> > release. The only thing that might change between now and the release is
> > the release plugin itself.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com