Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Gopi Krishna Bhavaraju <go...@pspl.co.in> on 2001/01/04 08:00:01 UTC

Re: mod_so/7008: Hard-coded dlopen flags (RTLD_GLOBAL) Ref: mod_so.c and unix.c

The following reply was made to PR mod_so/7008; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gopi Krishna Bhavaraju <go...@pspl.co.in>
To: fanf@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: mod_so/7008: Hard-coded dlopen flags (RTLD_GLOBAL) Ref: mod_so.c and
 unix.c
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 12:21:21 +0530

 Hi,

 Thanks for the reply.

 What I meant was NOT to hard code that flag to RTLD_GLOBAL or something. Let the

 user specify(RTTD_GLOBAL/RTLD_LOCAL) what he wants in the httpd.conf file. And
 pass this value as a parameter to ap_dso_load() function.

 You can always keep the default value to RTTD_GLOBAL so that existing modules
 will
 work. Right!

 --Gopi.

 --