Posted to pubscribe-dev@ws.apache.org by Stefan Lischke <li...@novacom.net> on 2004/12/13 01:16:00 UTC

hello and whats the status?

Hi my name is Stefan Lischke,

First some tech. questions, than my hello.

I got the latest Source from SVN, but there were nothing but the
website, i read in the roadmap [5], that code checkin for HP is done,
but i could not found any. Please can you tell me when there will be
code available, or which  SVN to use?
Which code release status has this project. Are commiters still
there/needed?

Hello:
I'm currently writing my diploma about publish/subscribe Web
Services[0,1,2] at the technical university in Berlin.
Im writing mostly about WS-Eventing, WS-Notification and WS-Addressing
and i'm also doing/using implementations.

I mostly focused on WS-Eventing impl. the last weeks, doing now my own,
based on ws-fx/addressing project.

My thesis tries to propose ONE pub/sub WS and so i'm using WS-Topics
ontop of WS-Eventing instead of the whole  WS-Notification family.

I'm a little bit confused right now,
cause i know some guys at Lanka Software Foundation[3] are developing a
WS-Eventing impl. for ws-fx project, i also know that IBM(also in wsn
TC) joined  WS-Eventing  and they produced a new WS-Eventing Spec(August
2004) which is very equal to WS-N+WS-BN, and there is also this
letter[4] from WSN TC to WS-Eventing guys.

So i hoped both worlds would join each other in the next time, but now i
found this project here. Can someone tells me whats going on?

Thanx for any answers, discussion and input

yours Stefan

[0]
http://www.ivs.tu-berlin.de/Lischke/blog/archives/2004/10/publishsubscrib.html
[1]
http://www.ivs.tu-berlin.de/Lischke/blog/archives/web_services/index.html
[2]
http://www.ivs.tu-berlin.de/Lischke/blog/archives/2004/11/odpdmoz_publish.html
[3] http://www.opensource.lk/
[4] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsn/200411/msg00070.html
[5] http://incubator.apache.org/muse/apollo-hermes-muse_roadmap.txt

--
My place : http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~lischke

Re: hello and whats the status?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Stefan,

- The WSN portion has not been yet extracted out from Apache Muse project.
- The LSF work is probably not ready yet.
- You would have to help with extracting the code from Muse and/or
donating your WS-Eventing impl depending on consensus.
- My wish is for us to implement the Aug 2004 of WS-Eventing and
whatever the Muse guys need for Muse.
- It may take a while for one single spec to emerge. "ONE pub/sub WS"
sounds great to me :)
- Would you like to help with Hermes?

Thanks,
dims