Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ian tabangay <it...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/27 06:27:58 UTC

Controller response type suggestion

Hi. Im having problems processing errors and success pages after calling a
service. Is there any documentation regarding when to use a specific type of
response? I have the following questions in particular:
 - What is the difference between *request* and *view*
 - Setting the response type as either *request* or *view*, when I refresh
my browser, the form previously submitted was still processed. If, however,
I set the response type to *request-redirect-noparam *will not process the
next form since no information was passed. I try not to use *
request-redirect* to avoid displaying sensitive data on the URL. What other
alternatives do i have?
Thank you in advance.

Ian

Re: Controller response type suggestion

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
if your looking for what can be done it is best to have a XML editor and
look at framework/webapp/dtd/site-conf.xsd
this has the controller defined.
then by doing a search in code for each you can see how they are used.

ian tabangay sent the following on 6/27/2008 2:15 AM:

Posted by ian tabangay <it...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Framework+Introduction+Videos+and+Diagrams
the # 7: UI Artifacts: Request, View, Screen, Form (20:43) is specific
if you look at the code it is pretty clear.

ian tabangay sent the following on 6/27/2008 1:23 AM:

Posted by ian tabangay <it...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ian tabangay <it...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. But Im already in the stage of refining my screen flows and possibly
preventing problems arriving from refreshing from a post request and
unpopulated forms because of an error in processing a service. Unfortunately
I noticed that this is also the same problem found in most screens on the
demo of ofbiz so its not much of a help as well.

Ian

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.