Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bennett McElwee <Be...@telecom.co.nz> on 2006/10/06 01:36:28 UTC

Bug: Post-processors run in reverse order?!

Post-processors seem to run in reverse order. For example:

Sampler
  +-- User Defined Variable (sets testVar to "first")
  +-- Beanshell postprocessor 1 (writes "Post 1 " + testVar)
  +-- Regular Expression Extractor (changes testVar to "second")
  +-- Beanshell postprocessor 2 (writes "Post 2 " + testVar)

In the log file, I expect:

  Post 1 first
  Post 2 second

But instead I get

  Post 2 first
  Post 1 second

This indicates that the three post-procs are called in reverse order.

I noticed this while debugging my test plan this morning. When I
realized what was happening, I reversed the order of my 5 postprocessors
and all was fine. I tried a few simpler test cases and the behaviour was
consistent. It only happens for post-processors; preprocessors,
assertions and configs seem to be OK.

Running Jmeter 2.2, Java 1.4, WinXP.

Is this a known problem at all?

Thanks,
Bennett.
--
Bennett McElwee

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of this communication or disclose anything about it. Thank you. Please note that this communication does not designate an information system for the purposes of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002.

Re: Bug: Post-processors run in reverse order?!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
When starting a new discussion, please don't reply to an exisiting
thread - start a new thread with an appropriate new subject.

Posted by Bennett McElwee <Be...@telecom.co.nz>.
Sebb wrote:
> Yes, this was discovered/discussed here just recently.

What a coincidence... I'm just using JMeter again after an absence of 3
months, and just hit this problem.  I did search the list archives, but
didn't notice the discussion because it was in a seemingly unrelated
thread. I just wanted to be sure that this behaviour is consistent so I
can rely on simply reversing my postprocessors. It seems that this is
the case.

As always, thanks very much for your help, Sebb!

Cheerio,
Bennett

Huge difference in results

Posted by Alex Turner <Al...@Project-Network.com>.
One simple possibility is that the web server is trying to resolve the names of the clients.  The slow response machine's name cannot be resolved so the web server is waiting until the name resolution fails before it serves up the page.  I would try looking in the web server logs and see if you can spot any difference in entries for requests originating from the odd machines to requests originating from the rest of the machines.

Just a thought :-)

AJ

Dr Alexander J Turner
Project Network
+44 (0) 7917 065072
Posted by Rajesh Balamohan <rb...@sonoasystems.com>.
First check I would probably do is to ensure that the time in all the
machines are in synch or not. (Hope you using multiple load canons).

Use ntp or so to ensure that all the box timings are in synch. Can you
rerun ur benchmark and post it here?

~Rajesh.B

Huge difference in results

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.