Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/12 05:37:30 UTC

Re: svn commit: r751678 - in /continuum/trunk: continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/continuum/release/distributed/manager/ continuum-buildagent/continuum-buildagent-api/src/main/java/org/apache/continuum/buildagent/ continuum-buildagent/continuum-b

Hi Marica.  Can you explain about the new 'Releases' page?  Why a top
level menu item rather than listing releases in each project?

I think the button should only show up when Distributed Builds are
enabled -- currently I'm seeing it all the time.  (r752591)

Thanks!
--
Wendy

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Marica Tan <ct...@exist.com> wrote:

>> Another idea is a 'Distributed' section that only appears if
>> Distributed Build is enabled -- I see the Build Agents button is
>> always visible (to admin) as well.
>>
> I think this one is much better than placing it near the Queues button.

I opened CONTINUUM-2127 to suppress all the configuration for
Distributed Build if it is not enabled, can probably handle it there.

> I'll add another role for this and assign it to all project developers
> instead, how about that?

>From what you said on CONTINUUM-2043, this would mean that all project
developers can see all releases in progress.  If so, that won't work.
If I am a developer of only Project A, I shouldn't be able to see
anything about Project B.

Unless it's trivial to mask the name of projects I shouldn't see, for
now I'd just make the page visible only to the System Administrator.

Wendy

Posted by Marica Tan <ct...@exist.com>.
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Marica Tan <ct...@exist.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Marica.  Can you explain about the new 'Releases' page?  Why a top
> >> level menu item rather than listing releases in each project?
> >
> > Since you can now release concurrently in the distributed build, that's
> why
> > I added the releases page, so you can see all the on going releases.
> Should
> > I just remove it?
>
> Not if you think it shows useful info, I just didn't know what it was.
>  So... it's more like the Queues page, it's showing something in
> progress?

Yes.

--
Maria Catherine Tan
Software Engineer | Exist Global | +632 687 4091 loc 301 | skype: marica_tan

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marica Tan <ct...@exist.com>.
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Marica.  Can you explain about the new 'Releases' page?  Why a top
> level menu item rather than listing releases in each project?

Since you can now release concurrently in the distributed build, that's why
I added the releases page, so you can see all the on going releases. Should
I just remove it?

> I think the button should only show up when Distributed Builds are
> enabled -- currently I'm seeing it all the time.  (r752591)

Yes. Will fix this.