Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch> on 2010/12/09 15:54:41 UTC

o.a.jr.c.p.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager not "compatible" with o.a.jr.c.p.db.DerbyPersistenceManager?

I create a copy of a jackrabbit repository with org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryCopier (using org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager).

Trying to access this copy with org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DerbyPersistenceManager fails.

Testcase:
1) create a repository.xml file with org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager
2) start/stop jackrabbit
3) change repository.xml to org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DerbyPersistenceManager
4) start jackrabbit

I don't understand why pooled access should yield different persisted data...

Bug or feature?

Regards
Clemens

Re: o.a.jr.c.p.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager not "compatible" with o.a.jr.c.p.db.DerbyPersistenceManager?

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

On 09/12/10 16:13, Justin Edelson wrote:
> I hate to contradict Jukka, but I'm under the impression that
> o.a.j.core.persistence.db.* use a different schema than
> o.a.j.core.persistence.pool.*. o.a.j.core.persistence.pool.* uses the
> same scheme as o.a.j.core.persistence.bundle.*.
>
> So s/db/bundle/ and this should work.

Yes, exactly!

I was confusing db and bundle.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: AW: o.a.jr.c.p.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager not "compatible" with o.a.jr.c.p.db.DerbyPersistenceManager?

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

On 09/12/10 16:34, Clemens Wyss wrote:
>>  So s/db/bundle/ and this should work.
>
> I can confirm that bundle and pool cope well !

Good! For a moment there I was already worried that we'd have a serious
regression in 2.2.0... The bundle and pool persistence managers should
be totally interchangeable.

> Then we at Sling should switch from „db“ to „bundle“ ;-)

In fact go directly to pool while you're at it. In 2.2 we're also
deprecating non-pooled bundle persistence, see JCR-2803 [1].

BR,

Jukka Zitting

AW: o.a.jr.c.p.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager not "compatible" with o.a.jr.c.p.db.DerbyPersistenceManager?

Posted by Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch>.
> So s/db/bundle/ and this should work.
I can confirm that bundle and pool cope well !

Then we at Sling should switch from "db" to "bundle" ;-)
Sling (launchpad), per default (upon bootstrapping), still creates a repository.xml with "db"...

I create a copy of a jackrabbit repository with
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryCopier (using
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager).

Trying to access this copy with
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DerbyPersistenceManager
fails.

Testcase:
1) create a repository.xml file with org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager
2) start/stop jackrabbit
3) change repository.xml to org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DerbyPersistenceManager
4) start jackrabbit

I don't understand why pooled access should yield different persisted
data...

Bug or feature?

Bug, the only difference between these persistence managers should be the way they manage the database connection.

Can you file an issue about this with more details like the exact error messages you're seeing and the Jackrabbit version you're using?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

I hate to contradict Jukka, but I'm under the impression that o.a.j.core.persistence.db.* use a different schema than o.a.j.core.persistence.pool.*. o.a.j.core.persistence.pool.* uses the same scheme as o.a.j.core.persistence.bundle.*.

So s/db/bundle/ and this should work.

o.a.j.core.persistence.db.* is deprecated now (see JCR-2802)

Justin

Re: o.a.jr.c.p.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager not "compatible" with o.a.jr.c.p.db.DerbyPersistenceManager?

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@adobe.com>.
Hi,