Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by "Deyhim, Parviz" <pa...@amazon.com> on 2014/02/14 17:53:53 UTC

Spark 0.8.1 on Amazon Elastic MapReduce

Spark community,

Wanted to let you know that the version of Spark and Shark on Amazon Elastic MapReduce has been updated to 0.8.1. This new version provides a much better experience in terms of stability and performance but also supports the following features:

  *   Integration with Amazon Cloudwatch
  *   Integration of Spark Streaming with Amazon Kinesis.
  *   Automatic log shipping to S3

For a complete detail of the features Spark on EMR provides, please see the following article: http://aws.amazon.com/articles/4926593393724923

And yes I'm working hard to push another update to support 0.9.0 :)

What would be great is to hear from the community on what other features you like to see on Spark on EMR. For example, how useful is autoscaling for Spark? Any other features you like to see?

Thanks,

Parviz Deyhim
Solutions Architect
Amazon Web Services<http://aws.amazon.com/>
E: parvizd@amazon.com
M:  408.315.2305

Re: Spark 0.8.1 on Amazon Elastic MapReduce

Posted by Tathagata Das <ta...@gmail.com>.
That's interesting! I am curious to find out as well.

TD

Posted by Tathagata Das <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Pentreath <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Pentreath <ni...@gmail.com>.