Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "robin@cywee.com" <ro...@cywee.com> on 2014/08/28 08:33:58 UTC

About sharepoint mode in CloudStack

Hi,
Can anyone help explain the difference of primary storage modes-- sharepoint and NFS?
thanks,

robin@cywee.com

Re: About sharepoint mode in CloudStack

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Giles, you should have saved this one for the 1st of April. :-))

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

OMG...it has to be since it's too early where I am, but I almost puked thinking somehow Cloudplatform was using MS Sharepoint to store docs in some sick twisted disgusting joke.
Thankfully it's just auto-correct being a dick :)

/me runs away arms flailing about anyways!

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 5:12 AM, robin@cywee.com <ro...@cywee.com> wrote:

> Kirks,
> thanks a lot.
> By the wa y, I use  OCFS2/iSCSI as the  clumster filesystem under
> Shared Mountpoint mode.
> I have a problem right now.
> There are two hosts running ocfs2 and connecting to a signle storage
> server with iSCSI. After I run about one day, one hosts hung up and
> all the VM on this host stopped.
> I suspected ocfs2 filesystem locked the host. I want to see the lock
> status of ocfs2. How to do?
>

> robin@cywee.com
>
> From: Kirk Kosinski
> Date: 2014-08-28 16:54
> To: users
> Subject: Re: About sharepoint mode in CloudStack Hi, Robin.  The NFS
> option should be used for NFS shares that are not already mounted on
> the hosts.  CloudStack will tell the hosts to mount the NFS share you
> specify.
>
> The Shared Mount Point option would be for a primary storage that is
> already mounted on the hosts by the system administrator.  Here is
> what the docs [1] say about it:
>
> > KVM supports "Shared Mountpoint" storage. A shared mountpoint is a
> > file system path local to each server in a given cluster. The path
> > must be the same across all Hosts in the cluster, for example
> > /mnt/primary1.
> > This shared mountpoint is assumed to be a clustered filesystem such
> > as OCFS2. In this case the CloudStack does not attempt to mount or
> > unmount the storage as is done with NFS. The CloudStack requires
> > that the administrator insure that the storage is available.
>
> Best regards,
> Kirk
>
> [1]
>
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/A
> dmin_Guide/primary-storage.html#hypervisor-support-for-primarystorage
>
> On 08/27/2014 11:33 PM, robin@cywee.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Can anyone help explain the difference of primary storage modes--
> sharepoint and NFS?
> > thanks,
> >

> > robin@cywee.com

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Re: About sharepoint mode in CloudStack

Posted by Dave Dunaway <da...@gmail.com>.

From: Kirk Kosinski
Date: 2014-08-28 16:54
To: users