Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Steve Tupy <st...@whisp.com> on 1997/04/30 21:40:01 UTC

config/514: Problems with users playing midi files

>Number:         514
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Problems with users playing midi files
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have many users who cannot get midi sound files to play. When they link to another
server for the mid file, all is ok, but when they link to ours and ours delivers the mid
file, they get no sounds. Same page on any other server works fine, a little midi
player box shows up on the screen and plays the midi. Using the EMBED html command
to play the midi. When BGSOUND tag is used, only explorer can play it as netscape
does not recognize it. Am told by netscape tech support that it is the servers
configuration, but I do not see anywhere that I can configure that sort of thing.
>How-To-Repeat:
http://www.whisp.com/~bach/camp.htm has the midi linked from another site(who
also uses apache) which works fine. Another user has the file coming from our
server which does not work. Same browsers, same pages, different web servers.
The one that does not work is at http://www.whisp.com/~bichon
>Fix:
Sorry, absolutely none..