Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/18 23:39:31 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.0.0

The first release candidate of apache-camel-2.0.0 is out with 61 new
features, improvements and bug fixes. This concludes more than one
year of efforts to bring a new and improved Apache Camel.  Many thanks
to everybody in the community who contributed to this release.

Please find the staging repo here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/camel/

The tarballs are here
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.0.0/

Please vote to approve this release binary

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.0-M3
Vote is open for 72 hours.

The Camel Riders

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.0.0

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Awesome work Hadrian! Kit looks good to me.

+1 to release

--
Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.0.0

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1
On 18 Aug 2009, at 22:39, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:

> The first release candidate of apache-camel-2.0.0 is out with 61 new
> features, improvements and bug fixes. This concludes more than one
> year of efforts to bring a new and improved Apache Camel.  Many
> thanks to everybody in the community who contributed to this release.
>
> Please find the staging repo here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/camel/
>
> The tarballs are here
> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.0.0/
>
> Please vote to approve this release binary
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.0-M3
> Vote is open for 72 hours.
>

> The Camel Riders

Rob Davies
I work here: http://fusesource.com
My Blog: http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/

Re: Finalizing the Camel release (was: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.0.0)

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Hi William,

Yes, you can go ahead with your commits.  The rest of the release
process is not affected by changes on trunk.

Cheers,
Hadrian

Posted by William Tam <em...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hadrian,

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
The vote passes with:

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.0.0

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Willem

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Claus Ibsen schrieb:

>> I will report back when I found the problem in the other cases. In any case
>> it would be a good idea to have a windows system that does continouus
>> integration for camel beside the existing linux and mac systems.
>>

> Apache does not have such we only got Hudson.
>
> However at fusesource we got a full range of servers and
> infrastructure. So we catch these when we do a FUSE release based on
> Camel 2.0

I think it would be better to catch these problems earlier. Could
FuseSource set up a server that builds the head on each checkin like
hudson does?
Perhaps apache could also create a windows system for hudson.

Greetings

Christian

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.0.0

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Christian
Schneider<ch...@die-schneider.net> wrote:
> Hi Hadrian,
>
> I have found the problem in the first test that failed:
> GenericFileDeleteProcessStrategyTest.testCannotDeleteFile
>
> In the method exists file the test checks if the file name equals
> "target/foo/boom.txt" but on windows the file name is "target\foo\boom.txt".
> So the method says the file does not exist. The test then thinks it has
> successfully deleted the file and does not throw the expected exception.

Good use the FileUtil.normalizePath to ensure the path can be tested
using equals.
There are other unit tests that does this as well.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Hadrian,

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Hadrian,

I have digged into the next failure.
CachedOutputStreamTest.testCacheStreamToFileAndNotCloseStream

At the end of the test the temporary file is expected to be deleted. But
honestly I do not understand how this could work.

The test first calls exchange.getUnitOfWork().done(exchange);. This will
try to delete the file but the delete will fail as the stream is still open.
Then it calls ((InputStream)cache).close(); which will close the stream.
The problem is that now the file will not be deleted again.

I have swapped the two commands and the test works but I think this is
wrong as the test seems to explicitly test the fact that close is not
called before done.
Can anyone clarify what this test tries to do?
Btw. I think this test works on unix as the delete on the file will also
work when the file is opened. On windows this does not work.

Greetings

Christian

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Christian
Schneider<ch...@die-schneider.net> wrote:
> Hi Hadrian and Claus,
>
> I have created a ticket https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-1924
> and attached all necessary mails from this thread.

Thanks a lot I guess most of these is easy to fix. If you have time
patches is also much welcome as you got the windows system.

Otherwise we gotta wait for the CI servers to do a run and test on the
windows boxes :)

> btw: You guys did some great work with the new camel release. We are already
> using the 2.0.0-M3 in production and looking forward to the final 2.0.0.

Glad to know its already in production. You are not the first on a Mx
in production but glad it works for you.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Hadrian and Claus,

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Hadrian,

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer
*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
James,

Yes, my bad, that was cut 'n' paste.  The release is 2.0.0.

And yes, the release note will include all the diffs from the 1.x line.

Hadrian

Posted by William Tam <em...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.