Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr> on 2012/02/09 11:12:30 UTC

[all] migration to svnpubsub

Hi all,

Apache infrastructure policy mandates using svnpubsub to publish project
websites by the end of 2012 (see
<http://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html#svnpubsub>).

At the same time, a Content Management System has been set up that does
abide to this policy (see <http://www.apache.org/dev/cms>).

There have been several threads about changing our project site skin
recently.

Can we pack all this together and make sure we get ready for this change
? Any volunteers ?

best regards,
Luc

Re: [all] migration to svnpubsub

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 9 February 2012 11:37, Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Luc,
>
> just take it as a personal experience I want to share: publishing mvn
> generated site on ASF svn is not painless, I already experienced it on
> Apache Any23 and IMHO using the wagon-svn via maven is a suicide,
> because it tries to commit the file one by one :S.
>
> The only more effective "turnaround" I know is the one we use at
> Apache Cooon3: checking out locally the site directory, deploying the
> mvn site there, then recommitting; in that way, we pay the overhead of
> committing the site the first time, but for future deployments the svn
> client just sends the deltas. It require a lot of time anyway, just
> think about apidocs... :(

+1
That also allows one to properly review the generated site.

Infra require an unchanging URL for the checkout.
We need to establish whether each component can have its own URL or
whether there can only be the one for all.

I'll ask.

> That discussion is already open in the Maven dev@ML, hopefully they
> will come up with a more effective solution :P
>
> About skin: I am still convinced that adopting fluido-skin would be
> better to renew out l'n'f :P

The skin needs to be updated to support the branding requirements first.
But that is a separate issue, please don't conflate the two.

As a further separate issue, we also need to move /dist releases to SVN.
I'll start a thread for that.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Luc,

Posted by be...@systemoutprintln.de.