Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by richard cai <ca...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/02 19:25:44 UTC

org.xml.sax.driver

Hi,

I am new to this SAX2 business.  So, I ran into a very
basic problem, to most people.  That is, after I set
up the system property "org.xml.sax.driver" to
"org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser" and tried to use
the following line:
"XMLReader xr=XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader()", the
following exception was thrown:
>Exception in thread "main"
>java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

I have included xerces.jar, which I assume should
contain class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser, in
my CLASSPATH.  Could someone offer some help?

Thanks.

Richard Cai

Re: org.xml.sax.driver

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
richard cai wrote:
>  When I did javac -verbose MyApp.java, I could see
> class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser was being
> loaded, I guess from that import
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser line.

When you say that you are specifying the org.xml.sax.driver
system property, how are you specifying it? Does your command
line look something like this (all on one line, of course):

  java -Dorg.xml.sax.driver=org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
       MyApp

It should work fine. However, merely setting an environment
variable called org.xml.sax.driver is not enough.

Perhaps I need more information about what you are doing and
the exact results that you are seeing in order to diagnose
the problem...

Re: org.xml.sax.driver

Posted by richard cai <ca...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks.  I am pretty sure it is included in CLASSPATH.

Re: org.xml.sax.driver

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.