Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Matthias Böhmer <ma...@m-boehmer.de> on 2010/07/23 13:33:27 UTC

finding new users

Hello,

how can I find out, if a userID is already available inside a
DataModel? I am trying to find out if the rating data of a user is
already known within a data model, that is updated periodically. If
the user is not available inside the data model, I then want do treat
him as an anonymous user. And: how can I give recommendations to a
new, i.e. anonymous, user if I have no values for preferences. I think
the API requires me to set preferences.

Best regards,
Matthias

Re: finding new users

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Sean,

Are you back yet?

I have a friend in London who is apparently in somewhat dire straits
(mugged, everything taken except passport).  I am looking for resources in
London to help him out.

Re: finding new users

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: finding new users