Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by David Delgranche <dd...@silicom.fr> on 2000/12/20 16:09:57 UTC

Using -PARAM in command line

Hi,

I'm trying to pass parameters to a stylesheet using Xalan. So  I have
used the following syntax:
xalan -IN input.xml -XSL stylesheet.xsl -OUT result.xml -PARAM name
value
In my stylesheet I try to fetch the parameter using a xsl:value-of
select="$name"/> but the parameter is unknown. Can someone explain me
how to fetch this parameter in my stylesheet?
Thanks a lot
David.
--
David DELGRANCHE - ddelgranche@silicom.fr
Silicom Région Ouest

Re: Using -PARAM in command line

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
David Delgranche wrote:
> I've tried defining the param in the stylesheet. It doesn't work, have
> you more information to give me?
> > >xalan -IN input.xml -XSL stylesheet.xsl -OUT result.xml -PARAM name
> > >value

It would be helpful if you showed the actual command line.  The
parameter value is an XPath.  If you want to pass a string, enclosed it
in apostrophes like this:

  xalan -IN input.xml -XSL stylesheet.xsl -OUT result.xml -PARAM
paramname "'value'"

HTH,
Gary

Re: Using -PARAM in command line

Posted by David Delgranche <dd...@silicom.fr>.

--
David DELGRANCHE - ddelgranche@silicom.fr
Silicom Région Ouest
80 avenue des Buttes de Coesmes 35700 RENNES
Tel: 02 99 84 17 17
Fax: 02 99

Re: Using -PARAM in command line

Posted by Fergus Gallagher <Fe...@OrbisUK.com>.