Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by MAISONNY Benoit <Be...@eurocontrol.int> on 2002/08/27 15:05:12 UTC

redirect does not output xmlns declaration?

Hi,

I am using the redirect extension to split a large XML document into several files; other than that, it is a regular identity transformation. I would like the split files' root element to receive the necessary xmlns:* attributes, just like a normal output.

In fact, when I redirect the output for the source root element, the xmlns attributes are preserved, quite naturally. It is only the redirected sub-trees that lack their xmlns declarations.

One solution I tried is to generate the xmlns attributes on the root of a redirected sub-tree. But then Xalan complains as it could not resolve the namespace prefix xmlns. Well, I knew it was an ugly solution... That was something like:
	<xsl:attribute name="xmlns:x">http://....</xsl:attribute>

Any better idea?

Thanks,
Benoit

Benoit MAISONNY                        benoit.maisonny@eurocontrol.int
eAIP development & support   http://www.eurocontrol.int/ais/ahead/eaip
EUROCONTROL                        Aeronautical Information Management