Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Senthil Kumaran <se...@proaxiom.co.nz> on 2007/05/03 06:31:29 UTC

Creating Random Names or Characters

Hi,

I am trying to create a random string or  character in the name field of
the web application.
So that i can create dynamic names to post the http request.
Is it possible to create a random string or characters in jmeter.

Thanks and Regards,
Senthil

Re: Creating Random Names or Characters

Posted by CaHamdy <wa...@riskmetrics.com>.
Ha.  Foolish.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by CaHamdy <wa...@riskmetrics.com>.

Posted by chris <hi...@gmx.at>.

Posted by mahesh kumar <pm...@gmail.com>.
Hi chris,
I added the below function in BeanShellFunction.bshrc file.Please let me
know how and where I have to use this function.

Mahesh....

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
But if you need a lot of random strings, it would be better to create
a file containing the strings and then use CSV Data Set or
StringFromFile to read it.

[You could use the code to create the file.]

S.

Posted by gopal labudu <go...@gmail.com>.
there is random function in java script which picks a random value

Posted by Senthil Kumaran <se...@proaxiom.co.nz>.
Hi,

Posted by gopal labudu <go...@gmail.com>.