Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sam Cheung <sy...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/30 21:30:36 UTC

Using Tomcat as a server application framework

Hi,

I am going to a server application which listens on a
known port, take a client's request and then response
it , I would like to know if it is a good idea to use
Tomcat as the server framework?

If the protocol between client and server is HTTP on
top of TCP, then my appication can be just a servlet
running on Tomcat.

But what if I need to support a different protocl
(e.g. UDP or even WAP) in the future, can I just add a
Connector for that without changing my application (my
serlvet).

Thank you.
Sam