Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/22 19:44:25 UTC

[VOTE] Release VelocityTools 1.3-rc1

Ok, i think i'm done tinkering around, and i think it's time to get
this codebase out there.

Significant changes since 1.3-beta1 are as follow:

- Addition and integration of a test framework (and a number of tests)
for both GenericTools and VelocityView
- Upgraded to Digester 1.8 and Validator 1.3.1
- Resolution of all remaining issues targeted for 1.3 family
(especially VELTOOLS-58 & VELTOOLS-73)
- Addition of ResourceTool and ViewResourceTool for i18n and other
ResourceBundle usage.  This includes tests for ResourceTool and demo
of ViewResourceTool in showcase example.

So, with this i think we're ready for a release candidate of
VelocityTools 1.3.  There are no other features or fixes planned for
VelocityTools 1.3.  Please vote regarding your support for doing this
release:

[ ] +1 Let's do it
[ ] +0 Have fun; i don't care.
[ ] -0  Not sure about this, but i won't stop you.
[ ] -1 No, because __________________

The vote will close sometime after Thursday 11am PST (roughly 72 hours).

My vote is +1

Re: [VOTE] Release VelocityTools 1.3-rc1

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de>.
+1

Nathan Bubna schrieb:
> Ok, i think i'm done tinkering around, and i think it's time to get
> this codebase out there.
>
> Significant changes since 1.3-beta1 are as follow:
>
> - Addition and integration of a test framework (and a number of tests)
> for both GenericTools and VelocityView
> - Upgraded to Digester 1.8 and Validator 1.3.1
> - Resolution of all remaining issues targeted for 1.3 family
> (especially VELTOOLS-58 & VELTOOLS-73)
> - Addition of ResourceTool and ViewResourceTool for i18n and other
> ResourceBundle usage.  This includes tests for ResourceTool and demo
> of ViewResourceTool in showcase example.
>
> So, with this i think we're ready for a release candidate of
> VelocityTools 1.3.  There are no other features or fixes planned for
> VelocityTools 1.3.  Please vote regarding your support for doing this
> release:
>
> [ ] +1 Let's do it
> [ ] +0 Have fun; i don't care.
> [ ] -0  Not sure about this, but i won't stop you.
> [ ] -1 No, because __________________
>
> The vote will close sometime after Thursday 11am PST (roughly 72 hours).
>
> My vote is +1

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design    | Velocity - Turbine

	  "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release VelocityTools 1.3-rc1

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
The vote has passed!  And this time i'm referring to the correct
version and vote thread!!  ;-) I'll tag the release today and try to
upload it tonight or tomorrow.  Announcement should follow once the
release is mirrored.

PMC +1
Nathan Bubna
Will Glass-Husain
Henning Schmiedehausen

Committer +1
Claude Brisson

User/Contributor +1
Malcolm Edgar

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
+1

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

cheers Malcolm Edgar

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
Le lundi 22 janvier 2007 à 10:44 -0800, Nathan Bubna a écrit :
> - Addition of ResourceTool and ViewResourceTool for i18n and other
> ResourceBundle usage.  This includes tests for ResourceTool and demo
> of ViewResourceTool in showcase example.

Well done!

> So, with this i think we're ready for a release candidate of
> VelocityTools 1.3.  There are no other features or fixes planned for
> VelocityTools 1.3.  Please vote regarding your support for doing this
> release:
>
> [ ] +1 Let's do it
> [ ] +0 Have fun; i don't care.
> [ ] -0  Not sure about this, but i won't stop you.

+1