Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rodrigo Cunha <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/10 01:54:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Error compile apache httpd-2.4.33

Dears, i try installing apache httpd-2.4.33 in debian8 but not work.

My httpd source code, in configure script, request the modules apr. I
installing this module and a try run this apache but not work, this apache
request other module: apr-util;

when i try install this module, not work and output this:

/home/rcunha/apr-util-1.6.1/build/rules.mk:206: recipe for target
'xml/apr_xml.lo' failed
make[1]: *** [xml/apr_xml.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/rcunha/apr-util-1.6.1'
/home/rcunha/apr-util-1.6.1/build/rules.mk:118: recipe for target
'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I search fix for this problem in google but not find solution for this
problem.

--
Atenciosamente,
Rodrigo da Silva Cunha

Livre
de vírus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: [users@httpd] Error compile apache httpd-2.4.33

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
> On 10 Apr 2018, at 02:54, Rodrigo Cunha <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> /home/rcunha/apr-util-1.6.1/build/rules.mk:206: recipe for target 'xml/apr_xml.lo’ failed

There’ll be an earlier error where it fails to find an XML library.

You’ll need either expat or libxml2 to be installed, and if you’re using Debian’s
versions you’ll need the -dev packages from apt.  apr-util should then find them,
but if it doesn’t then you’ll need a —with-expat or —with-libxml2 option.

—
Nick Kew