Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Ben Anderson <be...@benanderson.us> on 2004/10/05 21:15:28 UTC

x:out error

Hi,

I'm battling what seems to be a pretty elementary problem:

<x:parse var="xrpcResponse">
  <person>
     <firstname nickname="false">Ben</firstname>
     <lastname>Anderson</lastname>
     </person>
</x:parse>
<x:out select="$xrpcResponse//firstname"/>

This should work, correct? I've been trying so many variations of this
and nothing seems to work. I'm on Resin 2.19, but am using jakarta's
standard taglibs.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ben

Re: x:out error

Posted by Ben Anderson <be...@benanderson.us>.
Thanks for the sanity check.  I got it fixed.  It was a dependency
issue.  For someone reason I had placed jaxen in one of the
classloaders.  Not too sure why I did that - but deleting it fixed my
problem.
-Ben

Re: x:out error

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@webtuitive.com>.
Ben Anderson wrote:

> I'm battling what seems to be a pretty elementary problem:
>
> <x:parse var="xrpcResponse">
>  <person>
>     <firstname nickname="false">Ben</firstname>
>     <lastname>Anderson</lastname>
>     </person>
> </x:parse>
> <x:out select="$xrpcResponse//firstname"/>
>
> This should work, correct?

Confirmed that it works on Tomcat 5.0.28 using 2.4 spec/JSTL 1.1 :-)

HTH,

                           dream.  code.