Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by srinivas biramoni <sr...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/26 20:14:11 UTC

Hi

Hi All,

Sorry for the spam. I am completely new to this project and wanted to learn
indexing and searching mechanisms. Chose Lucene Project for contributing
while learning myself.

Can I get any links/documents or pointers giving a brief on Lucene design
like different modules and their functionalities etc which would help me in
starting.

Note: I am completely new to the process of contributing to open source
projects. So any level of information (even basic) or pointer on how to
start would help.

Thanks,
Srinivas

Re: Hi

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.
A brief intro to the various modules of Lucene is in Robert Muir's 2014
Berlin Buzzwords talk, "Apache Lucene 4":
https://berlinbuzzwords.de/sites/berlinbuzzwords.de/files/media/documents/robert_muir-apache_lucene4.pdf
(Video available as well.)
 As noted on the Resources page there, the Lucene in Action book is still a
great starting point.

The online Lucene documentation, including Javadoc is here:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/5_4_0/

Please note that this is the "dev" email list dedicated to the development
of Lucene itself. Inquiries about how to use Lucene or integration with
your application should be directed to the Lucene (Java) "user" list:
https://lucene.apache.org/core/discussion.html#java-user-list-java-userlucene

-- Jack Krupansky

Re: Hi

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.