Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Demetrios C. Christopher" <dc...@darwinmail.net> on 2001/02/15 19:07:21 UTC

Apache::ASP, Sessions and SSL ...

Hello all,
I am running A::A 2.03 on a Solaris 2.6 box with Stronghold 2.4.2, whatever.
The truth is I doubt the rest matters ... I am running a pretty cool web app
where fields are collected, validated and then appropriate action is taken,
one of which is to make an HTTP call (LWP) to a third-party site and
exchange
some info, register, blah-blah-blah.

To the point: when I use http for everything, the session variables work
fine
and everything works perfectly, as it's coded to do.  The moment I try to
take everything under https (since some of the information is personal and
of
financial nature) things work intermittently.  I have it down to a script of
what things you can do and what you cannot.  There is no logic behind having
to enter everything the first time around (the script is self-posting,
self-validating) in order to get the proper outcome.  At some point I
started
to dump the Session variables to see what's in them and found data from
_OTHER_ sessions!  Argh!  No, this has nothing to do with perl's closure
issue ... all functions come from .pm's and there is no problem with
function
calls.

I am at wits end ... I just went through all this in the last couple of days
and just bothered to check for a newer version of Apache::ASP.  I will try
upgrade soon to see if that does anything but I was hoping someone might
have seen this problem before where SSL session information did not work
as well as it should.

Did I mention this?: under https, calls to some remote server would
intermit.
fail and give back a 403 - Access Forbidden ... what the heck?  This
function
merely took data from the session and passed it as parameters ... what sort
of influence would which port the server was running on have on the HTTP
req.
being made and/or on the remote server's ability to process the
request?!?!?!

Oh well, hope someone out there can help out.  Thanks in advance.

Demetrios