Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Xavier M <xa...@hotmail.com> on 2019/08/05 12:26:59 UTC

Tomcat with SSL

Hello,

I'm trying to secure OpenMeetings 5.0.0 with a Proxy (on an Apache-Server). I tried to follow these instructions to configure the Virtual Host:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51721771/apache-openmeetings-4-0-4-csrf-attack-when-using-apache2-as-proxypass/51783235#51783235

But I could not find the file corresponding to "conf/jee-container.xml". There exists a /opt/open500/conf/ directory, but no jee-container.xml. Where is it to be found?

For your information: all seems to work when I connect to http://domain.eu:5080/openmeetings/ (I sign in and access to OpenMeetings). But when I connect to https://openmeetings.domain.eu/openmeetings/, (the virtual host with servername openmeetings.domain.eu being configured as described in Stackoverflow), I have an access to the log in formular, but nothing happens when I click on "Sign in".

Could you please provide me help?
Thanks,
Xavier

Re: Tomcat with SSL

Posted by Xavier M <xa...@hotmail.com>.
Sorry for spamming...

Mea culpa again, I did not have load wstunnel correctly. sudo a2enmod proxy_wstunnel and it seems to work.

Have a  good evening,

Xavier

Le 05/08/2019 à 20:54, Xavier M a écrit :

Hello again,

My fault, I copied/pasted once again the code for the VHost and modified the appropriated lines (names of server / error-log and SSL Certificates) again: now the log-in session works.

BUT when I'm logged in, I can see only "T'chat": the main page does not load. The browser console shows:

Firefox ne peut établir de connexion avec le serveur à l’adresse wss://openmeetings.domain.eu/openmeetings/wicket/websocket?pageId=2&wicket-ajax-baseurl=.&wicket-app-name=OpenmeetingsApplication.

I don't know anything of wss, but can it be that the line RewriteRule /(.*) ws://localhost:5080/$1 [P,L] does not work with wss:// requests?

Xavier

Post Scriptum: I tested with https://<IP of domain.eu>:5443/openmeetings and it still works correctly. But I had to add an exception of security on my computer, since I do not have a valid certificate for the IP adress.

Le 05/08/2019 à 18:22, Maxim Solodovnik a écrit :
please check browser console
do you have HTTP #400 errors?

On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 at 23:02, Xavier M <xa...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
Hi Maxim,

Thank you for your help. After a "sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat3 restart", I've got exactly the same as before, except that I can not connect through http://domain.eu:5080/openmeetings/ anymore. As for https://openmeetings.domain.eu/openmeetings/, I now have an access to the log-in session, but nothing happens when I sign in (except the dotted box which appears for less than 1 second when I click on the button).

I guess I'll have to double-check the Virtual Host you gave as answer at:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51721771/apache-openmeetings-4-0-4-csrf-attack-when-using-apache2-as-proxypass/51783235#51783235
I just changed the ServerName and the RedirectMatch (and logs), from domain.test-test.eu<http://domain.test-test.eu> to openmeetings.domain.eu<http://openmeetings.domain.eu>
Could you please confirm that I have to let "localhost" rather than changing by "domain.eu<http://domain.eu>", even for a web server?

Hope you're on holidays!
Xavier

________________________________

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Tomcat with SSL

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

RE: Tomcat with SSL

Posted by Xavier M <xa...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Maxim,

Thank you for your help. After a "sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat3 restart", I've got exactly the same as before, except that I can not connect through http://domain.eu:5080/openmeetings/ anymore. As for https://openmeetings.domain.eu/openmeetings/, I now have an access to the log-in session, but nothing happens when I sign in (except the dotted box which appears for less than 1 second when I click on the button).

I guess I'll have to double-check the Virtual Host you gave as answer at:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51721771/apache-openmeetings-4-0-4-csrf-attack-when-using-apache2-as-proxypass/51783235#51783235
I just changed the ServerName and the RedirectMatch (and logs), from domain.test-test.eu to openmeetings.domain.eu
Could you please confirm that I have to let "localhost" rather than changing by "domain.eu", even for a web server?

Hope you're on holidays!
Xavier

Re: Tomcat with SSL

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.