Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Kenneth Fogel <kf...@dawsoncollege.qc.ca> on 2019/01/09 21:36:38 UTC

DawsCon Update

As it stands now over 350 have registered for the event here in Montreal on Friday, January 11. How many actually show is the question. As a free event we tend to have more no-shows. I have asked all the participants who may have changed their mind to cancel their ticket at Eventbrite but very few have. We had a waiting list with over 40 people on it so I have converted them into available tickets.

I will expect some of you to come and present at next year's event on January 10, 2020. I usually start looking for speakers for next year the day after this year's conference. I snared Josh Long last January.

Ken

Re: DawsCon Update

Posted by Bruno Souza <br...@javaman.com.br>.
Congrats Ken! This is great!

Our rule of thumb in the JUG is a 50% no-show for free events, so, if you
can fit 200 or so attendees in the place, I would just let everyone be
registered.

Looking forward to seeing pictures!

Good luck!
Bruno.
Bruno Peres Ferreira de Souza                         Brazil's JavaMan
http://www.javaman.com.br                      bruno at javaman.com.br
     if I fail, if I succeed, at least I live as I believe