Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Anshuk <An...@infosys.com> on 2010/05/04 23:08:23 UTC

Question on DB Pool Creation using Tranql XA Resource Adapter

Hello All,

I am trying to create a db connection pool in geronimo 2.1.4 for oracle
database using. Tranql XA Resource Adapter.

The plan which is created looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2">
    <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
        <dep:moduleId>
            <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
            <dep:artifactId>test_webdb_pool</dep:artifactId>
            <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
            <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
        </dep:moduleId>
        <dep:dependencies>
            <dep:dependency>
                <dep:groupId>ojdbc</dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>ojdbc</dep:artifactId>
                <dep:version>14</dep:version>
                <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
            </dep:dependency>
        </dep:dependencies>
    </dep:environment>
    <resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>test_webdb_pool</name>
                    <config-property-setting name="NetworkProtocol"/>
                    <config-property-setting
name="PortNumber">1521</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting name="TNSEntryName"/>
                    <config-property-setting name="MaxStatements"/>
                    <config-property-setting name="DataSourceName"/>
                    <config-property-setting
name="DriverType">thin</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Password">anshuk</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting name="ServerName"/>
                    <config-property-setting name="Description"/>
                    <config-property-setting name="LoginTimeout"/>
                    <config-property-setting
name="DatabaseName">TESTING</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting name="ServiceName"/>
                    <config-property-setting
name="UserName">anshuk</config-property-setting>
                    <connectionmanager>
                        <xa-transaction>
                            <transaction-caching/>
                        </xa-transaction>
                        <single-pool>
                            <max-size>10</max-size>
                            <min-size>0</min-size>
                            <match-one/>
                        </single-pool>
                    </connectionmanager>
                </connectiondefinition-instance>
            </connection-definition>
        </outbound-resourceadapter>
    </resourceadapter>
</connector>

I am using oracle thin driver.
It is cretaed and deployed, but it is not connecting to the database. When
from the geronimo console, I am running a sql to test the database
connection, it is failing.
the database related parameters is 100% correct, as I am using the same
details for generic tranql resource adapter, and it gets conncected.

The error I am getting:

Io exception: SO Exception was generated *

Anybody faced similar issue? or any workarounds?

Anshuk

Re: Question on DB Pool Creation using Tranql XA Resource Adapter

Posted by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com>.
try specifying tnsentryname and servername in the plan.