Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Greenberg, Gary" <gg...@visa.com> on 2019/06/26 22:11:40 UTC

Reserved keywords for SQL files

I am working with SQL scripts in the NB 11 right now and noticed that good portion of keywords in it are marked in blue colors, while tables and column names, as well as values displayed in green. That is very convenient and allows to catch some misspelling right away.
However some of the keywords are not displayed in blue color. For example keyword comment or datatypes bigint or datetime.
I understand that SQL dialects are different for different engines, but is it possible to amend the list of keywords to include those?
Thanks,

Gary Greenberg
Staff Software Engineer
Data Product Development, BI-A
E: ggreenbe@visa.com
M: 650-269-7902

[EmailSig-TaglineVersion]

Re: Reserved keywords for SQL files

Posted by Pete Whelpton <pe...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, yes that's a source file. I believe the keyword list is hard coded
(I looked for this before!), and based on an older ISO standard - which
makes sense rather than adding in Pl/SQl, T-SQL extensions etc.

It would be quick to update the list for a newer standard. I don't know
enough about the legalities of it though - would it be necessary to have
purchased a copy of the ISO standard in order that have the keyword list
based on it?

For personal use though, you could update that class yourself and compile
from source??

Hope that helps,

E: ggreenbe@visa.com<ma...@visa.com>

Posted by Pete Whelpton <pe...@gmail.com>.