Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org> on 2008/04/13 01:25:35 UTC

Re: documentation

Le 11 avr. 08 à 20:17, Jean-Claude Cerebro a écrit :
> I agree.
>
> In this case then, I would suggest we get a wiki that we can freely
> edit and
> the core ivyteam can pick and choose what they want to include into
> the main
> docs.  Confluence is a great option
> and codehaus uses this.
>
> I didn't realize the process involved a JIRA issue.  If that's the
> case then
> that acts as a
> deterrent to update docs in my opinion.

Well, per se a Jira issue is not required. It is just simpler for
tracking down patches.
Note also that if a wiki is setup I don't think the current reference
documentation will migrate to the wiki. The wiki would be an
additional documentation, with different rights management. So
changing the reference documentation will still need the patch process.

By the way, a user contributed documentation area is a good idea. At
Apache there is MoinMoin and Confluence available:
http://wiki.apache.org/general/
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dashboard.action

Personally I do prefer Confluence.

Nicolas