Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by karthi <ra...@snovabits.net> on 2012/04/23 13:10:39 UTC

Domain name changed to ip address for a particular page submission?

Hi,

I have developed an application using Tapestry & it works great, however now
i am facing a new kinda problem,

I have uploaded my application in the production server (deployed the war
file) where the issue raises, I got the domain name for that server

When I hit the application with the IP address alone everything works good,
but when I hit the application with the domain name for eg.,

domain_name/Registration - here the problem comes

I have four modules in that app

i)   Login,
ii)  Registration
iii)  News
iv) Videos

Home page is News, when I hit the domain_name/Registration home page gets
loaded in that there are 3 links to go to login, registration, videos when I
click videos or registration it get loaded & when I click login it also gets
loaded but after clicked the submit button in that page the url path changed
from

domain_name/Registration/login to *ip_address*/Registration/login and then
it once again prompts me for credentials after that this works good but with
the ip address (I checked the url path)

Anyone help me here?

Thanks,
Karthi.

Re: Domain name changed to ip address for a particular page submission?

Posted by karthi <ra...@snovabits.net>.
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

No, I am not using @Secure.

Tapestry version is: 5.3.1

Other tapestry libraries are:
tapestry-func, tapestry-ioc, tapestry-json, tapestry-upload,
tapestry5-annotations

Also this issue is with only for a particular domain name alone (mostly
probably based on server side settings)

we have two domain names for that particular server ip

one is working fine:

i) When I typed the address in the url path like domain_name/Registration
(without a slash in the end), it automatically put a slash at the end &
navigated to the home page with the domain name, and the login page and
every other pages works very very good there.

another domain name (causing issues):

i) When I typed the address in the url path like domain_name/Registration
(without a slash in the end), it navigates to the home page but with the
ip_address/Registration (domain_name converted to ip_address and thereafter
works fine with the ip_address) If I want to work with this particular
domain_name I need to type like domain_name/Registration/ and hereafter it
works good but not in login page (reported issue raises here)

So the same code, behavior differently with two different domain names? I
reported to my managers and they said it is because of a server side
configuration settings however in the mean time they asked me to check
whether to fix this issue through coding (if possible)?

Thank you again...

Re: Domain name changed to ip address for a particular page submission?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
There's a number of factors here ... first questions:  are you using
@Secure?  Also, what exact version of Tapestry 5, and other Tapestry
libraries, are you using?

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 4:10 AM, karthi <ra...@snovabits.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have developed an application using Tapestry & it works great, however now
> i am facing a new kinda problem,
>
> I have uploaded my application in the production server (deployed the war
> file) where the issue raises, I got the domain name for that server
>
> When I hit the application with the IP address alone everything works good,
> but when I hit the application with the domain name for eg.,
>
> domain_name/Registration - here the problem comes
>
> I have four modules in that app
>
> i)   Login,
> ii)  Registration
> iii)  News
> iv) Videos
>
> Home page is News, when I hit the domain_name/Registration home page gets
> loaded in that there are 3 links to go to login, registration, videos when I
> click videos or registration it get loaded & when I click login it also gets
> loaded but after clicked the submit button in that page the url path changed
> from
>
> domain_name/Registration/login to *ip_address*/Registration/login and then
> it once again prompts me for credentials after that this works good but with
> the ip address (I checked the url path)
>
> Anyone help me here?
>
> Thanks,
> Karthi.