Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it> on 2001/04/27 15:21:29 UTC

[C2] getting the query string in a pipeline

People,

I have a made a pipeline like this:

    <map:match pattern="dettagli-centro.html">
      <map:aggregate element="page">
        <map:part src="menu/centri" element="menu"/>
        <map:part src="dettagli-centro.xsp" element="content"/>
      </map:aggregate>
      <map:transform src="stylesheets/cdoc.xsl"/>
      <map:serialize/>
    </map:match>

    <map:match pattern="*.xsp">
     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/{1}.xsp"/>
     <map:serialize/>
    </map:match>

What I would like to do is to request a URL like:

	http://localhost/cocoon/dettagli-centro.html?q=something

and have the query string "q=something" passed down to my XSP page
(dettagli-centro.xsp) so that I can access the value of "q" using
<xsp-request:get-parameter>.

Shouldn't be too difficult, but I can't seem to find the correct syntax
to do it.

	Please help,

				Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it

Re: [C2] getting the query string in a pipeline

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Donald Ball wrote:

> can't you just use the xsp-request logicsheet in your xsp page?

I am using the xsp-request logicsheet indeed.

Turns out there was no problem at all, it was just that the query string
I was using had a syntax error and I went barking up the wrong tree,
thinking I had to do something special in order to pass it through the
sitemap. *BLUSH*!

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Ugo Cei wrote:

> I have a made a pipeline like this:
>
>     <map:match pattern="dettagli-centro.html">
>       <map:aggregate element="page">
>         <map:part src="menu/centri" element="menu"/>
>         <map:part src="dettagli-centro.xsp" element="content"/>
>       </map:aggregate>
>       <map:transform src="stylesheets/cdoc.xsl"/>
>       <map:serialize/>
>     </map:match>
>
>     <map:match pattern="*.xsp">
>      <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/{1}.xsp"/>
>      <map:serialize/>
>     </map:match>
>
> What I would like to do is to request a URL like:
>
> 	http://localhost/cocoon/dettagli-centro.html?q=something
>
> and have the query string "q=something" passed down to my XSP page
> (dettagli-centro.xsp) so that I can access the value of "q" using
> <xsp-request:get-parameter>.
>
> Shouldn't be too difficult, but I can't seem to find the correct syntax
> to do it.

can't you just use the xsp-request logicsheet in your xsp page?

- donald

Re: [C2] getting the query string in a pipeline

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Ugo Cei wrote:

> People,
>
> I have a made a pipeline like this:
>
>     <map:match pattern="dettagli-centro.html">
>       <map:aggregate element="page">
>         <map:part src="menu/centri" element="menu"/>
>         <map:part src="dettagli-centro.xsp" element="content"/>
>       </map:aggregate>
>       <map:transform src="stylesheets/cdoc.xsl"/>
>       <map:serialize/>
>     </map:match>
>
>     <map:match pattern="*.xsp">
>      <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/{1}.xsp"/>
>      <map:serialize/>
>     </map:match>
>
> What I would like to do is to request a URL like:
>
> 	http://localhost/cocoon/dettagli-centro.html?q=something
>
> and have the query string "q=something" passed down to my XSP page
> (dettagli-centro.xsp) so that I can access the value of "q" using
> <xsp-request:get-parameter>.

Have you tried it? Doesn't the parameter exists in your xsp page?

Giacomo