Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org> on 2018/03/18 10:15:58 UTC

JIRA tickets & working with 'Fix Version'

Hi all,

Currently we have the possibility to set 'any' as the value for the 'Fix
Version' field. And we have - at this moment - about 10 open tickets there
(see [1]), which is a mix of old (out of date?) and newer issues.

Having this may lead to confusion that is undesirable.

I propose that we change our M.O. on this one, into:

   1. on creation of a new ticket the 'Fix Version' is *not* set;
   2. we rename that version to *Upcoming release* and use it only will a
   ticket is in progress;
   3. As soon as a contributor closes a ticket he/she changes the Fix
   Version = Upcoming release to next actually upcoming and named release
   (e.g. now that is 2.3)

What are your thoughts? Please share.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

V.P. Apache Trafodion

Re: JIRA tickets & working with 'Fix Version'

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I agree with Dave and Seth here

You might want to read what we defined in OFBiz on this subject https://s.apache.org/gXFM ("Manage JIRA's issues" section)

HTH

Jacques

Posted by Selva Govindarajan <se...@esgyn.com>.
I am fine with either of them. However, I wonder by setting it to upcoming release version, we might be giving a false sense that this issue might be fixed in the next release though none is working on it already. If the contributor is sure that he/she would fix it in the next release, he/she can always set it to the upcoming release version even when the JIRA is in progress.

Selva

Posted by "Jin, Jian (Seth)" <Ji...@esgyn.cn>.