Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by daniel andersson <da...@avantnoise.com> on 2000/11/22 16:41:13 UTC

mod_rewrite/6878: can't handle http-upload from slow connections

>Number:         6878
>Category:       mod_rewrite
>Synopsis:       can't handle http-upload from slow connections
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
i'm running (or ran, disabled it now cause it didn't work) openbsd 2.7 as a firewall, with apache 1.3.14 with mod_rewrite.
mod_rewrite is supposed to take care of all the requests on port 80 and then fetch the data from the internal network and send it back.
everything works very fine, not fast, but fast enough.
uploading from our 2mbit leased line works fine. uploading with 56k modem works most of the times. but trying to upload using something slower than 56k (33k6 or just getting a bad connection) fails.
netscape says Connection reset by peer and IE gives you the Couldn't find DNS (ehm, love IE ;)

i've tried increasing the keepalivetimeout and timeout but didn't help.
tried changing it both on the openbsd-machine and on the "real" webserver (the one the openbsd-box fetches the data from). when i disabled the mod_rewrite-apache and portfw'aded instead, everything worked very well.

so i assume it's mod_write, can't say 100% that is't mod_write, but i feel kinda' sure.

hope this helps ..
>How-To-Repeat:
i can reactivate it if you want to try. give me a shout. :)
>Fix:
nope? ;(
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]