Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Sanjath Shringeri <sa...@claritics.com> on 2013/06/18 02:09:53 UTC

In Flume-NG (1.3), is there a way to check the heartbeat on the http agent

I would like to point ELB to the flume agents having httpsource, I was not
sure how to check the heartbeat without sending an event.

--
___________________________________
Sanjath Shringeri | VP, Engineering | claritics | User. Intelligence. Now.

Re: In Flume-NG (1.3), is there a way to check the heartbeat on the http agent

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
Nope, adding extra node wouldn't serve the purpose. You need to enable HTTP
monitoring for each HTTP Source, as you mentioned.
My understanding is that you have client(s) which are fronted by ELB and
send HTTP data, consumed by HTTP Source. And you would like to have a
mechanism when to remove that source from ELB.

Here is the reference that might be of help
http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#custom-reporting

Posted by Sanjath Shringeri <sa...@claritics.com>.

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.