Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Lm Chew <lm...@free2move.se> on 2017/05/08 09:05:45 UTC

Question about MyNewt FCC Certification

Hi,

I have some question regarding FCC Certification of device using MyNewt.

Previously, We have have certified our device with Nordic FCC Certification.

But now we like to migrate to MyNewt, but according to Nordic their FCC certification does not cover others SDK, BLE stack, etc... So we must use their SDK & Softdevice for the certification to be valid.

Does MyMewt have it own FCC certification similar to those that are provided by Nordic?

Personally i am not very familiar with how FCC works.

Previously, i thought FCC only care radio about freq and power. (mhz and mw).

Best Regards,

Chew

Re: Question about MyNewt FCC Certification

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lm,

At runtime we can offer commercial help with certification for Apache Mynewt - don't hesitate to reach out if you'd like some help!

Generally what I'd say is that it's up to you to decide whether or not you've made significant enough changes to the software on the device such that it requires recertification for FCC or Bluetooth SIG.  I would familiarize myself with the part 15 regulations, which do have a system operation (how long on channel, max transmit time, etc.) and make that judgement call for yourself.

Sterling