Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by FM <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/13 18:59:55 UTC

LDAP and associate Connections with Groups

Hi!

I'm using Guacamole 1.0 and did the LDAP integration.

I'm able to login and see users and groups. It seems to me, however, that
it's not possible to assign connections to LDAP groups because these groups
don't have its LDAP members inside.

I wouldn't like to do any schema changes.

Any hint?

Thank you so much!

Re: LDAP and associate Connections with Groups

Posted by ek1m92 <ek...@posteo.de>.
FM wrote
> What I would like to achieve is to give access to LDAP groups to certain
> "connections".
>
> Even though I can see the groups, there are no members inside it.
> I have arround 400 users. It's painfull to re-do something that is already
> done on the LDAP.
>
> I wouldn't like to change my LDAP schema.

Oh, you mean you are expecting to see the group members when viewing an LDAP
group in the web interface? I'm not sure that's supported yet. But what is
supposed to be possible is the actual permission management itself,
regardless of whether you can see the members or not. If you can't get
permissions to work based on LDAP group membership, you probably are running
into the issue above.

Re: LDAP and associate Connections with Groups

Posted by FM <se...@gmail.com>.
I Don't think so.

What I would like to achieve is to give access to LDAP groups to certain
"connections".

Even though I can see the groups, there are no members inside it.
I have arround 400 users. It's painfull to re-do something that is already
done on the LDAP.

I wouldn't like to change my LDAP schema.

Thank you!

Posted by ek1m92 <ek...@posteo.de>.