Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Robin Berjon <ro...@expway.fr> on 2005/09/02 16:50:22 UTC

Build problems for Perl bindings on OSX

Hi,

building the latest version of Subversion appears to work perfectly
well. However when I try to build the Perl bindings things quite simply
fail, the problem being that it's not finding libapr-0.dylib anywhere.

I thought this was just a simple oversight and looked around for
libapr-0.dylib but coudn't find it anywhere. Creating a fake
libapr-0.dylib in -L shows that it's happy (until of course it tries to
actually do anything with it).

Is the lib installed somewhere and I've missed it, or does the problem
comes from elsewhere? Any hints on how I could get it to work while a
fix is in the works?

Thanks!

--
Robin Berjon
   Senior Research Scientist

Re: Build problems for Perl bindings on OSX

Posted by Robin Berjon <ro...@expway.fr>.
Hi again,

Robin Berjon wrote:
> However when I try to build the Perl bindings things quite simply
> fail, the problem being that it's not finding libapr-0.dylib anywhere.
>
> I thought this was just a simple oversight and looked around for
> libapr-0.dylib but coudn't find it anywhere. Creating a fake
> libapr-0.dylib in -L shows that it's happy (until of course it tries to
> actually do anything with it).
>
> Is the lib installed somewhere and I've missed it, or does the problem
> comes from elsewhere? Any hints on how I could get it to work while a
> fix is in the works?

After some amount of monkeying around and updatedb'ing I eventually
located libapr-0 in /usr/local/apr/lib/ (which must be the default
location on OSX since I haven't customized anything). I then edited the
Makefile.PL to add that directory to -L in $apr_ldflags. It built
perfectly fine and passed all tests.

I guess that this is a bug in the configure system but I have no clue
how to fix it, sorry.

Thanks for the cool stuff,

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Sep 2, 2005, at 18:50, Robin Berjon wrote:

> building the latest version of Subversion appears to work perfectly
> well. However when I try to build the Perl bindings things quite
> simply fail, the problem being that it's not finding libapr-0.dylib
> anywhere.
>
> I thought this was just a simple oversight and looked around for
> libapr-0.dylib but coudn't find it anywhere. Creating a fake
> libapr-0.dylib in -L shows that it's happy (until of course it
> tries to actually do anything with it).
>
> Is the lib installed somewhere and I've missed it, or does the
> problem comes from elsewhere? Any hints on how I could get it to
> work while a fix is in the works?

My libapr-0.dylib is in /opt/local/lib because I installed Subversion
with darwinports. How did you install it? Did you build from source?
I would expect the library to go into $PREFIX/lib, wherever that is
for your build (conceivably /usr/local, but presumably you've looked
there and didn't find it...).