Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2004/10/19 11:02:44 UTC

[email]RE: [GUMP@brutus]: Project commons-email (in module jakarta-commons-sandbox) failed

Hi guys..  I just fixed it...  I am just starting to learn about gump, which
is a continous integration tool.  It needs to know about all dependencies,
so when commons-validator and oro where added, gump gave up the ghost!  The
fix is here:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/gump/project/jakarta-commons-sandbox.xml

However, we are not out of the woods yet...  Corey, the unit tests depend on
a public email server being up and running.  However, due to spammers etc,
most prevent relaying.  So we really need a Mock SMPT server.  Dumbster
would work.

Corey, if you have time, but not lots, if you can compile Dumbster, I'll do
the integration work.  better yet would be a patch with both!

Eric

RE: [email]RE: [GUMP@brutus]: Project commons-email (in module jakarta-commons-sandbox) failed

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Great..  What do you mean by 'original'?  I'm not too fussed about code
formats as long as it all matches.  My rule of thumb is to make my IDE do
whatever the existing code does.

If you are looking to do a big reformat of the code, make that a seperate
patch.  The reason is that when the reformat happens it causes lots of
"noise" in the CVS diffs, so any actual code functionality changes get lost.
So, maybe submit first the code change, and then the reformatting change.

Thanks!
Eric

Posted by Corey Scott <co...@gmail.com>.
Im on it :-)