Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Shengdi Jin <ji...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/02 18:49:40 UTC

how to check hdfs

Hi all,
I just start to learn hadoop, I have a naive question

I used
    hdfs dfs -ls /home/cluster
to check the content inside.
But I get error
    ls: No FileSystem for scheme: hdfs

My configuration file core-site.xml is like
<configuration>
<property>
  <name>fs.defaultFS</name>
  <value>hdfs://master:9000</value>
</property>
</configuration>

hdfs-site.xml is like
<configuration>
<property>
   <name>dfs.replication</name>
   <value>2</value>
</property>
<property>
   <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
   <value>file:/home/cluster/mydata/hdfs/namenode</value>
</property>
<property>
   <name>dfs.data.dir</name>
   <value>file:/home/cluster/mydata/hdfs/datanode</value>
</property>
</configuration>

is there any thing wrong ?

Thanks a lot.

Re: how to check hdfs

Posted by Vikas Parashar <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jin,

Please check your hdfs-site.xml in which we specify; what will be our hdfs
path on our local machine.

Below are the parameter that will help you to understand;

dfs.namenode.name.dir
dfs.datanode.name.dir

Rg:
Vicky