Posted to users@ws.apache.org by "Han, Zhi (Zhi)" <zh...@lucent.com> on 2006/05/30 14:35:18 UTC

RE: Why XmlRpcClient cannot find org/apache/ws/commons/util/XsDat eTim eFormat

Thanks,

This copy works fine, while the one downloaded from
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/
<http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/>  is not good. :-(

org/apache/ws/commons/util/XsDateTim eFormat

Hi Zhi,

You will have to add ws-commons-util.jar file in your classpath. You can
find this file at following URL,

http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/ws/commons/ws-com
mons-util/1.0-SNAPSHOT/
<http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/ws/commons/ws-co
mmons-util/1.0-SNAPSHOT/>

Hope this will help you.

Regards
Shahid

On 5/30/06, Han, Zhi (Zhi) < zhihan@lucent.com <ma...@lucent.com>  >
wrote:

I write a simple test code to test rpc,

import org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient;
import org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientConfigImpl ;

public class MyXmlRpcClient {
   public static void main(String args[]){
       try{
           XmlRpcClientConfigImpl config = new XmlRpcClientConfigImpl();
           config.setServerURL(new
java.net.URL (" http://135.220.76.156:38080/servlet/xmlrpc
<http://135.220.76.156:38080/servlet/xmlrpc> "));
           XmlRpcClient client = new XmlRpcClient();
           client.setConfig(config);
           Object[] params = new Object[]{new Integer(33), new Integer(9)};
           Integer result = (Integer) client.execute("Calculator.add",
params);
       }
       catch(Exception e){
           e.printStackTrace();
       }
   }
}

But when I try to run it, I always got error
org/apache/ws/commons/util/XsDateTimeFormat
       at
org.apache.xmlrpc.serializer.DateSerializer.<clinit>(DateSerializer.java:29)
       at
org.apache.xmlrpc.common.TypeFactoryImpl.<clinit>(TypeFactoryImpl.java:70)
       at
org.apache.xmlrpc.common.XmlRpcController .<init>(XmlRpcController.java:28)
       at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient .<init>(XmlRpcClient.java:50)
       at MyXmlRpcClient.main(MyXmlRpcClient.java:10)

I include packages xmlrpc-3.0a1.jar and ws-commons-util-1.0.jar

Thanks,

Zhi