Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Raghuveer Chanda <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/24 19:25:48 UTC

Spark with YARN

Hi,

I'm new to spark and facing problem with running a job in cluster using
YARN.

Initially i ran jobs using spark master as --master spark://dml2:7077 and
it is running fine on 3 workers.

But now im shifting to YARN, so installed YARN in cloud era on 3 node
cluster and changed the master to yarn-cluster but it is not working I
attached the screenshots of UI which are not progressing and just hanging
on.

Output on terminal :

This error is repeating

./spark-submit --class "class-name" --master yarn-cluster --num-executors 3
--executor-cores 3  jar-with-dependencies.jar

Do i need to configure YARN or why it is not getting all the workers ..
please help ...

14/09/24 22:44:21 INFO yarn.Client: Application report from ASM:
 application identifier: application_1411578463780_0001
 appId: 1
 clientToAMToken: null
 appDiagnostics:
 appMasterHost: dml3
 appQueue: root.chanda
 appMasterRpcPort: 0
 appStartTime: 1411578513545
 yarnAppState: RUNNING
 distributedFinalState: UNDEFINED
 appTrackingUrl: http://dml2:8088/proxy/application_1411578463780_0001/
 appUser: chanda
14/09/24 22:44:22 INFO yarn.Client: Application report from ASM:
 application identifier: application_1411578463780_0001
 appId: 1
 clientToAMToken: null
 appDiagnostics:
 appMasterHost: dml3
 appQueue: root.chanda
 appMasterRpcPort: 0
 appStartTime: 1411578513545
 yarnAppState: RUNNING
 distributedFinalState: UNDEFINED
 appTrackingUrl: http://dml2:8088/proxy/application_1411578463780_0001/

Raghuveer Chanda
4th year Undergraduate Student
Computer Science and Engineering
IIT Kharagpur

Re: Spark with YARN

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.
If you launched the job in yarn-cluster mode, the tracking URL is
printed on the output of the launched process. That will lead you to
the Spark UI once the job is running.

If you're using CM, you can reach the same link by clicking on the
"Resource Manager UI" link on your Yarn service, then finding the app
on the list and clicking on its "Application Master" link.

--
Marcelo

Re: Spark with YARN

Posted by Raghuveer Chanda <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Spark with YARN

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.

--
Marcelo

Re: Spark with YARN

Posted by Raghuveer Chanda <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Spark with YARN

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.

<ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to spark and facing problem with running a job in cluster using
> YARN.
>
> Initially i ran jobs using spark master as --master spark://dml2:7077 and it
> is running fine on 3 workers.
>
> But now im shifting to YARN, so installed YARN in cloud era on 3 node
> cluster and changed the master to yarn-cluster but it is not working I
> attached the screenshots of UI which are not progressing and just hanging
> on.
>
> Output on terminal :
>
> This error is repeating
>
> ./spark-submit --class "class-name" --master yarn-cluster --num-executors 3
> --executor-cores 3  jar-with-dependencies.jar
>

> Do i need to configure YARN or why it is not getting all the workers ..
> please help ...
>

> 14/09/24 22:44:21 INFO yarn.Client: Application report from ASM:
> application identifier: application_1411578463780_0001
> appId: 1
> clientToAMToken: null
> appDiagnostics:
> appMasterHost: dml3
> appQueue: root.chanda
> appMasterRpcPort: 0
> appStartTime: 1411578513545
> yarnAppState: RUNNING
> distributedFinalState: UNDEFINED
> appTrackingUrl: http://dml2:8088/proxy/application_1411578463780_0001/
> appUser: chanda
> 14/09/24 22:44:22 INFO yarn.Client: Application report from ASM:
> application identifier: application_1411578463780_0001
> appId: 1
> clientToAMToken: null
> appDiagnostics:
> appMasterHost: dml3
> appQueue: root.chanda
> appMasterRpcPort: 0
> appStartTime: 1411578513545
> yarnAppState: RUNNING
> distributedFinalState: UNDEFINED
> appTrackingUrl: http://dml2:8088/proxy/application_1411578463780_0001/
>

> --
> Regards,
> Raghuveer Chanda
> 4th year Undergraduate Student
> Computer Science and Engineering
> IIT Kharagpur

Marcelo

Re: Spark with YARN

Posted by Raghuveer Chanda <ra...@gmail.com>.
The screenshot executors.8080.png  is of the executors tab itself and only
driver is added without workers even if I kept the master as yarn-cluster.

Re: Spark with YARN

Posted by Matt Narrell <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Spark with YARN

Posted by Raghuveer Chanda <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply, I have doubt as to which path to set for
YARN_CONF_DIR

My /etc/hadoop folder has the following sub folders

conf  conf.cloudera.hdfs  conf.cloudera.mapreduce  conf.cloudera.yarn

and both conf and conf.cloudera.yarn folders have yarn-site.xml. As of now
I set the variable as

export YARN_CONF_DIR=/etc/hadoop/conf

But no change in the error .. only driver is added no executors for it, do
i need to make any change in conf files or what is the correct path for
variable.

Re: Spark with YARN

Posted by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM>.