Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Smith <ms...@xn.com.au> on 2002/11/20 00:33:16 UTC

slide/deltav and namespaces bugs

Hi all,

I've been experimenting with various things lately with the delta
implementation, and found one major problem (which isn't trivially
fixable, since the bug appears in MANY different places in the code,
though each of them is easy to fix individually).

Basically, the problem is that slide's deltav code deals with properties
in a way which mostly ignores namespaces. Any decision on
live/computed/dead/etc. properties is based solely on the property
names.

This means that when I add a property with a name that conflicts with a
DAV or DeltaV name, but in a different namespace, it works correctly on
the main resource, but when the properties are copied to the version
resource, they get silently dropped (for many of them, anyway).

Michael