Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by sh...@accenture.com on 2013/05/10 12:22:54 UTC

Not able to find the binary distribution for apache oozie-3.3.0

Please help. I need a binary distribution.

Regards,
Shouvanik

________________________________
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.

www.accenture.com

Re: Not able to find the binary distribution for apache oozie-3.3.0

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> this is topic keeps coming in several projects. my understanding is that according to
> ASF rules, release artifacts must be source only artifacts. and, while companion binary
> artifacts are allowed, they should not be signed. furthermore, they should not be hosted
> in the ASF dist server?
>
> roman, did i get this right?

I believe this is a correct understanding.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. Also, from a practical standpoint a binary release of Oozie has
to align with so
many dependencies (version of Hadoop, version of Hive, Pig, etc.) that
it has relatively
low probability to fit the particular user deployment out-of-the box.
Hence its not even
so much about the ASF rules and policies, but rather whether having a
binary artifact
would confuse more users than it would help.

Re: Not able to find the binary distribution for apache oozie-3.3.0

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
this is topic keeps coming in several projects. my understanding is that according to ASF rules, release artifacts must be source only artifacts. and, while companion binary artifacts are allowed, they should not be signed. furthermore, they should not be hosted in the ASF dist server?

roman, did i get this right?

thx

Alejandro
(phone typing)